Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Seeking

Insomnia, I welcome it. A chance to gather your thoughts, focus them, and fire them like the 16” guns of a battleship on the unexpecting daylight that tomorrow brings. In about an hour I take off and hit the road. Many things running through my head, strongest of which is why I am doing this in the first place.

This trip has several purposes, and all are centered on this verse. “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33. I buried a family friend last year, a young lad that passed away far too early. His passing shook me to the core, making me realize that we are just travelers passing through this life. The time that is given to us is precious and I had already invested far too much of it unwisely in ways that would make my creator hang his head in shame. So I reassessed the direction and path that I had previously chosen, and turned in the opposite direction and took of sprinting. Looking at it with the naked human eye it is a path less attractive. Looking at it through the vision that our father intended for us to see it, the path is lined with spiritual gold.

I wanted to serve those around me, and serve with a passion. I am a fitness freak and a recent practitioner and fighter within the Muay Thai form of Martial Arts. This is how Fight 4JC came to be. I wanted to take the passions that I have in life and directed them in a way that would help me change a the world around me into a better place. I had an urge to change the course of the future, and what better way to do it than through the generation that will have the reigns to it soon enough. There are many things that are backwards in this society. A backwards way of thinking has numbed the masses from qualities that were a required norm not but half a century ago. Honor, respect, dignity, integrity all took the back seat while the opposite took over. The younger generation rarely gets exposed to the qualities of a respectable man and woman. I was and am fed up. I want to bring all of these positive qualities back into the light and make them mainstream. The only way to do this is to get kids in an environment where these qualities are held in the highest regard.

If you haven’t ever been part of a Martial Arts gym there are a few things that need to be explained. Everyone is there to learn and sharpen their skills, minds, and bodies. An attitude that has negative qualities is quickly submitted, knocked or chocked out. The nature of the game does not support the life for the disrespectful, arrogant, and dishonorable. What better place to teach positive qualities? Fight 4JC’s purpose is to get kids, that otherwise would not have the opportunity, into gyms to train. Train in any physical activity that requires discipline and hard work for its survival and success. Getting kids in front of people that respect themselves, their bodies, and the people around them is life changing. If we can change the lives of our children than we can change the course of out society’s future.


So fallow along as I ride around the best country in the world promoting my vision and the vehicle in which I will bring it to light. Support us by checking out the Facebook page, and coming soon the website with products whose profit goes towards funding programs for kids. Godspeed and keep fighting the good fight. All packed up and ready to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment