Monday, June 30, 2014

Lights, Camera, Action

That morning I got to grab some coffee with Colt and catch up on how life has been for him. I get so excited and happy for the success of others especially those that I had grown up with as a kid. He had a busy day ahead of him and his crew, so we parted ways and I went off to grab some breakfast. Everything was within walking distance and the well-known Griddle House was right around the corner. The place is praised for it’s HUGE DELICIOUS PANCAKES, but after seeing them on everyone else’s plate I could not fathom eating the whole thing on my own, muscle omelet for me with egg whites and spinach.





Upon entering the house the buzzing energy of the place was hair raising. The creative atmosphere was amazing and I settled in along with them to catch up on some photo editing and writing. Hundreds of phone calls were being made, scripts written, videos edited, and sound mixed. This was the Hollywood Hustle at full blast. Culprit Creative had been asked to participate in a film festival and they where pulling all the strings to line things up for the weekends shoot. I relished in the glow of productivity silently on the couch. Caught up on a lot of material along with them and soon ran off to have an early dinner at Greenblatt’s Delicatessen. I asked the waiter what was their signature item and he said, “anything with our pastrami.” He was definitely right, I have never tasted pastrami before and they raised the bar that first time to the ultimate high.





Later that evening another high school friend and a Portland friend came to visit and catch up. Same story here, left home and made things happen. I ran through all of the other instances and noticed that those that left where they grew up had been doing some very ambitious things. Granted there was a difficult period but I think that it tested them and allowed them to find out what they are truly made of.

Decided to crash a bit early and head out first thing in the AM to San Diego. Before falling asleep I assured myself that I would need to come back here and spend several days to see some more Hollywood magic. It will happen soon enough, especially now that I will be living on the west coast in about a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment