Thursday, June 26, 2014

3 Sheets

Today I am taking it really easy before having to get back on the saddle and ride hard. Breakfast with Tahnee and Alex at Kornblatt's. I will have a meeting tomorrow that I need to be cleaned up for and Tahnee got me all spruced up. If you ever need a good cut she is the one to go to. Back to a GQ rider rather than an overgrown biker.

The weather was perfect and my longtime Italian friend Massimo hosted us on a boat ride down the Willamette River. The weather brought out all other Portlanders hungry for the elusive sun and we quickly tied up to another boat that was packed with shorts and bikinis. The sun felt different from when it was hitting my arms while riding. Then it was business, now it was pleasure. My legs finally felt its rays, kind of difficult before with jeans and chaps over them. I love it on the water and I always replay the time when Massimo had his sailboat and he took me out in that for the first time. Ever since experiencing the motorless speed, and hearing nothing but wind and water slapping up against the side of the boat, I fell in love with sailing. When I run out of roads to travel I will travel the seas. Or maybe I should do both, when the roads end sail to the next place where they pick back up again. This is how I imagine my retirement.




Made some new friends that joined us in Portland City Grill. Happy hour with delicious Calamari and Salmon cakes.


Rode out to Gresham afterwards to meet a friend who I used to go four wheeling with, another adrenaline fix of mine. Oregon is perfect for an adrenaline filled life with all of the environments, like playgrounds for extremists. He has since moved on and built a Jeep and acquired 2 Harleys. We chatted up as long as we could and before I knew it night was upon me. Rode around all day jacketless and the night brought with it cooler temperatures. Sergei barrowed me his riding jacket, I was fortunate enough that he is a similar size as I am and the ride back to “home” was a warm one.

No comments:

Post a Comment