Thursday, January 23, 2014

Phase 1

Phase 1

Family Reunion 

June 7th I would like to Leave Atlanta and drive to Destin Florida. Several relatives of mine are planning a first ever out of state family reunion. We had been so close in the past, everything we did we did together. We lived no more than a few blocks away from each other and it was a pleasant downhill bike ride that was sped up by a potential dog chase about 3/4's of the way through to my uncles house to see my cousins. We would speed up every time out of the expectation of it coming after us, but more often than not it was lazily warming itself under the rare Minnesotan summer sun. We had a monetarily modest childhood but had a billionaire imagination. Our little neighborhood was like a galaxy of its own, with so much to explore, so much trouble to stir. I am so eager to get together and would love for our children to have the same opportunity for adventure amongst themselves. 

On the drive down I want to swing by a place recommended to me by a cast member from a time when I was an extra on VH1's "Single Ladies". Between scenes, her and I discussed our similar passion to explore and she told me of Providence Canyon. She mentioned to me that is was like a mini Grand Canyon in Georgia. That sparked my imagination and I quickly asked for coordinates to save them, not knowing when they will come in handy (32.066429,-84.912815). Here is an image I pulled from Google.

By night fall I will make it to Destin to meet with family and I plan to stay here several 2-3 days before hitting the road again. Destin was not in the general direction of travel but I could not turn down seeing my family all together under one roof, actually more like on the beach. I presume the beach will be where I will spend most of my time. Below is one of those cousins, Nick, taken in Destin last year when he and his family came down. As you can see the imagination is strong in this one! Cant wait to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment