Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pensacola Test run

Pensacola Test Run


Looked at the weather today and tomorrow looks like a clear day so I decided to wing it and take a ride to Pensacola FL from Meridian MS. This will be my longest ride to date (I am a beginner) totaling about 450 miles. I want to ride several hours to get a feel for the bike and look for things that will affect my comfort level on a long haul. Looked up a route that pretty much stays off the interstates and passes through a few scenic areas. I hope to add to my map of traveled roads and find more hidden gems. I have already replayed in my mind several times the moment I approach the ocean beaches. I imagine the salty air filling my lungs and my heart start to skip beats out of excitement of feeling the warm southern sun in the middle of January. The sound of the crashing waves and the hum of the ocean breeze against my ears will be exactly what I need to clear my mind and rest for a day. I will lay my hands and feet atop the warm dry sand and let them sink in deeper to feel the cool damp sand just beneath the surface. Getting there will be the easy part, getting up and off the beach to leave will be difficult. A beach in your rearview mirror is not a pleasant sight. This too shall pass, I will return for the family reunion and the beginning of my adventure in June.

I also got to buy a few things for Cindy, I named the Harley, I think i may have mentioned that in a previous blog. Nonetheless I got a neck warmer, some bandanas, a handle bar mount for my go-pro camera, waterproof glove covers, fingerless bikers gloves, and a phone charger all for under $100 from Ebay. I still need a good leather jacket, rain gear, and chaps and I will have pretty much all the gear I need for this summer's trip. 

Took Cindy out for a ride today and noticed that my cruise control was missing. I highly doubt it fell of, most likely got yanked in the parking lot somewhere. So I need to buy a new one, a must on a long trip if you ask me. Looked it up on Ebay and they are around $25. 

I look forward to tomorrow and will head out around 6:30 AM, going to be about 30 degrees so will need to head out in full gear. As soon as that sun comes up it will warm up real quick. Want as much beach time as possible. Will take my bible with me, perfect church service if you ask me. You, your creator, and his ocean, what an amazing setting to seek guidance and wisdom. 
Photo complements of Ozara Photgraphy I.E. Nick Ozerkov my cousin. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment