Thursday, January 23, 2014

Introduction

Chasing the Horizon


This is a first for me, blogging, but I thought it would be a good way to solidify plans and hold myself accountable to fallow through on what I have set out to do. 

First a little background on myself. I am a 26 year old Self Employed General Contractor, I have an amazing 7 year old daughter (who lives with her mom in Oregon) and my passions are travel and Muay Thai. 

I have always been in the construction industry and travel a lot for work, generally around the Southeast U.S.. I am currently "living" in Atlanta, reason for the parentheses is that my living there consists of 4-7 days a month and all of which are not necessarily consecutive. In the travels that I am required to do for my career, I always have a tendency to take a different route whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have traced my travels on a map and have created somewhat of a spiders web. Most of the gems end up being caught in the smaller strands just off the beaten path. I am always in search of them, the places that take your breath away, the ones that evoke in you a silent awe at God's majesty. He either created something amazing or inspired humanity to create on his behalf. My search is far from over, there are plenty of trails that my feet have not walked, and abundance of roads that I have not rode across, and when that runs out I will have the open seas. 

And so to the reason behind this blog, I am in the planning stages of a road trip that I hope to take this summer. I am at a position in my life where conditions are prime to do something like this. I am hoping to undertake an around the U.S. road trip that will last about a month, span 2 countries, 32 states, and net about 9,000 miles. While on the road I would like to accomplish several things; see America off the main highways, visit and train at Muay Thai gyms all across the country, and get a deeper understanding of myself and my faith. Did I mention that I will be doing it off of an iconic american symbol, a Harley Davidson? 

So tune in as I plan, execute, and learn about this amazing country and myself. I will be posting pictures, thoughts, and locations of amazing places that I will come across. I encourage any feedback and dialog so feel free to comment, share and interact with me.

Keep fighting the good fight

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment