Friday, July 3, 2015

A trip 25 years in the making

Chasing the Horizon
Kazakhstan 7/3/2015

Here we go again. Last time I wrote of my travels I was doing a cross country trip across the U.S. and a little bit into Canada. Since riding my Harley (Cindy) nearly 10,000 miles I have looked at life differently. I value the simple things far more in life now. Previously I was obsessed with money and success just for the sake of itself. The social scene, the clubs, the who’s who and what’s what seemed to guide my life choices. I am so blessed to have been able to go through this transformation to where I am now. I am me now. It’s a great feeling to be yourself. Traveling is eye opening. It is soul shifting. It is life changing. This day last year I was spending my last day in Moab Utah. I had overstayed from what I had originally planned and was nervous about all the riding I needed to do to get back home to Atlanta Georgia. Overstaying was well worth it, but that’s a different story.


I now embark on an international trip. Traveling to Kazakhstan for a week, then off to Germany, and wrapping it up with Czech Republic and the beautiful city of Prague. I have Lots of exploring and adventuring to do, but first hours of flying. Look forward to do things worth remembering and writing about. I hope to light a little fire in people souls to find themselves as well, find themselves out there somewhere, where the boundaries of our comfort zone ends and where life happens. Special thanks to my high school friend Michelle for planting the seed of travel way back when, and my Tiara for inspiring my simple life further.


No comments:

Post a Comment